I thought it would be fun to place us in front of some more authentic backgrounds. You can check out some of the originals further down on the blog. The first picture below was actually taken in front of a piano with Monty's foot on the piano bench. It worked pretty good to have his foot up on the bumper as if we were leaning on the car.
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Saturday, October 31, 2009
Last night was the ward harvest carnival. We had a chili cook-off, kid's games by the YM and YW, and trunk or treating in the parking lot. It was well attended and lots of fun. As always, we had fun dressing up in costume....
On the lam from the coppers!
Monty "The Saint" Luke with his Jazz Baby.
Puttin' on the Ritz.
Wind Waker Link
Ammon, who said he dressed as a lazy teenager who doesn't do anything. And, Moroni, dressed as a pirate, helping with the Malachi's Tithing Toss game. BTW, McKay was Luke Skywalker, but unfortunately, no pictures :-(
The Wandering Children of Israel cookie walk (because it always seemed like they were going in circles!)
Thursday, October 22, 2009
So I was working in the kitchen a couple of days ago when Hyrum hands me the phone and says, "It's 911." I get on the phone and the emergency person on the other end wants to know if everything is okay since they have received a couple of calls from our residence. I apologize, telling her that Hyrum must have learned about 911 at school that afternoon. About 15 minutes later, a police officer shows up at our house, just checking to be sure there is no actual emergency. We decide to have Hyrum come to the door so that the very nice police officer could talk to him personally. Hyrum listened to his wise counsel and then replied, "I have a Wii!" Of which the officer replied in a semi-whisper, "So do I!" Anyway, at least we know that Hyrum can call for an emergency, if needed. I just hope its not because his older brothers are picking on him!
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Hyrum's first day of school was a success! He goes in the afternoon, which is probably a blessing since he's not a morning person. He likes his teacher and seems to enjoy learning. Although, he wonders why he has to go to school evvverrry day!
Being typical Hyrum!
Getting picked up after school by Ammon
Monday, May 18, 2009
I finally came to the realistic conclusion that an underground sprinkler system is something we might never get around to. So, I decided to go ahead and do a little landscaping in the front yard. After a lot of hard work I think it is mostly done...maybe a few more plants in a couple of spots. Anyway, its amazing how a few plants and some fresh bark makes you feel so good! I love the sound of our water feature when we sit out on the front porch. Grandpa is enjoying it also. He likes to sit on the front porch after he goes for a walk.
Friday, May 8, 2009
The boys performed at the ward talent show Friday night. Jesse sang a song called "Cliff Diving" by a group called +44. Mckay sang two songs that he wrote himself called "Everyday," and "Go Away."
I think they did a great job!
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Okay, this might not be the most exciting post, but I have been organizing my office lately (among other areas of the house) and I thought I would post a few pictures of the progress.
The cute little "suitcase" acts like a recharging station for my phone and PDA. I picked it up at a secondhand store for a few dollars.
I found these shallow wooden trays at Value Village for 99¢ each. I added some wooden dividers to the one on the right to hold my bobbins.
On the top shelf are some Snapware containers I got from Wal-Mart to hold all of my greeting cards. I love them!
On the same visit, I found plastic cups that fit perfectly. The whole unit spins around.
I got it when a store was going out of business.
I've had fun collecting various jars from secondhand stores to house various items. The one with the metal lid is fun. When you pull up on the lid, the pens come up with it. I think it usually holds straws. Only $4!
The spice racks were from a secondhand store and sprayed black.
I finally broke done and bought spice jars at Bed, Bath, and Beyond, only to finally find the plastic ones that I had in storage a few days later. Now that I'm organized, that won't happen again...hopefully!
One of the cupboards above the sewing area. The drawer units are handy for holding all sorts of stuff. The boxes I covered myself with secondhand wallpaper. I added ribbon trim around the top and bookplates to label each box. These boxes actually have cardboard inserts that divide each box into six sections. It makes it really handy for extension cords and other cables.
I ended up covering 19 boxes altogether. They cost me about $1.25 each to make.
I know, these jars are clear and you can easily see what's inside them, but I thought the tags added to the look!
The shelf above the sewing area.
I love having a place for everything!
Monday, February 16, 2009
That was Then!
Honeymoon, February 1990
This is Now!
19th Anniversary, February 2009
Monty and I celebrated our 19th wedding anniversary on valentine's Day. We enjoyed a weekend at the coast cabin and had lots of fun! The weather was great and it was very relaxing. I had been working on a scrapbook of our wedding and honeymoon pictures to surprise Monty. When Hyrum saw the pictures of our wedding he asked, "Who's that?" I told him it was mom and dad. He replied, "Well, that's you (mom), but (pointing to dad), that's someone else and you're going to marry him, and dad is going to say, no way, you can't marry my life." (He calls a wife, "life" for some reason.) Anyway, it was pretty funny. I think I have finally convinced him that it is dad in the pictures and not some stranger. I feel so blessed to have a wonderful husband and am so thankful that he is my eternal companion! Life is great!!
Monday, January 26, 2009
This is Ammon's latest, and last, high school band concert. This featured four drummers on four different drums, hence the name "Four for Four." It was a university level piece and I think they did an excellent job! Eli and Isaac should enjoy it, as its over five minutes of pure drumming!
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
1. Well, the other day while I was gone, Hyrum decided he was old enough to cook frozen mac and cheese in the microwave. By the time Jesse discovered the burnt smell and smoke billowing out of the microwave, there was still 42 minutes on the timer! There was a completely black lump of something resembling the shape of mac and cheese in the middle of the microwave. Needless to say, our house has smelled bad for a few days now, and continues to smell every time we use the microwave. (Imagine the smell of burnt popcorn x10!) The inside is stained yellow. I have had to do some research on the internet to solve the dilemma. Its not back to normal yet, but it is getting better. By the way, non-acetone fingernail polish remover works pretty good at getting the yellow stains off.
2. Hyrum needed some help a couple of days ago, but I didn't have my glasses readily available. I finally found them and Hyrum told me that I needed to wear my glasses when my eyes "get cranky!"
3. The same night as we were watching one of his TV shows, he laid his head on my lap. Apparently, I made some sort of noise. He said, "Mom, why do you make a noise when I push hard on your stomach?" I asked what kind of noise. He proceeded to make a sigh/grunt. It was pretty funny. I told him it was because sometimes it hurt when he pushed hard. He told me it didn't hurt him.
4. He's a better driver than Grandpa...at least on Mario Kart.
5. At the dinner table last night, he was crying over something. I asked him if he wanted to say prayer. He responded, "No, because I'm crying." (Insert pathetic crying sounds here.) Grandpa looked at him and started smiling. Hyrum starts laughing, which makes Grandpa laugh. You would think all would be well, but instantly he's back to his pathetic crying. He's so dramatic!