Thursday, October 22, 2009

911 Emergency...Just Kidding!


So I was working in the kitchen a couple of days ago when Hyrum hands me the phone and says, "It's 911." I get on the phone and the emergency person on the other end wants to know if everything is okay since they have received a couple of calls from our residence. I apologize, telling her that Hyrum must have learned about 911 at school that afternoon. About 15 minutes later, a police officer shows up at our house, just checking to be sure there is no actual emergency. We decide to have Hyrum come to the door so that the very nice police officer could talk to him personally. Hyrum listened to his wise counsel and then replied, "I have a Wii!" Of which the officer replied in a semi-whisper, "So do I!" Anyway, at least we know that Hyrum can call for an emergency, if needed. I just hope its not because his older brothers are picking on him!

1 comment:

Kim said...

That's too funny! I hope he knows now that 911 is for emergencies only. :o) At least you know he can do it! Oh, and the boys' idea about the Halloween costumes was funny. If I had more time and I wasn't so pregnant I may just have done it, too. :o) I'll send you a picture when my costume is finished.