This is Ammon's latest, and last, high school band concert. This featured four drummers on four different drums, hence the name "Four for Four." It was a university level piece and I think they did an excellent job! Eli and Isaac should enjoy it, as its over five minutes of pure drumming!
Monday, January 26, 2009
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
1. Well, the other day while I was gone, Hyrum decided he was old enough to cook frozen mac and cheese in the microwave. By the time Jesse discovered the burnt smell and smoke billowing out of the microwave, there was still 42 minutes on the timer! There was a completely black lump of something resembling the shape of mac and cheese in the middle of the microwave. Needless to say, our house has smelled bad for a few days now, and continues to smell every time we use the microwave. (Imagine the smell of burnt popcorn x10!) The inside is stained yellow. I have had to do some research on the internet to solve the dilemma. Its not back to normal yet, but it is getting better. By the way, non-acetone fingernail polish remover works pretty good at getting the yellow stains off.
2. Hyrum needed some help a couple of days ago, but I didn't have my glasses readily available. I finally found them and Hyrum told me that I needed to wear my glasses when my eyes "get cranky!"
3. The same night as we were watching one of his TV shows, he laid his head on my lap. Apparently, I made some sort of noise. He said, "Mom, why do you make a noise when I push hard on your stomach?" I asked what kind of noise. He proceeded to make a sigh/grunt. It was pretty funny. I told him it was because sometimes it hurt when he pushed hard. He told me it didn't hurt him.
4. He's a better driver than Grandpa...at least on Mario Kart.
5. At the dinner table last night, he was crying over something. I asked him if he wanted to say prayer. He responded, "No, because I'm crying." (Insert pathetic crying sounds here.) Grandpa looked at him and started smiling. Hyrum starts laughing, which makes Grandpa laugh. You would think all would be well, but instantly he's back to his pathetic crying. He's so dramatic!