Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Pond

On the north side of the bridge is a small waterfall. We thought it would be nice to have it flow into a pond. So, we intentionally placed the culverts higher than the original creek so that it would back up and create the pond that we wanted. Since there is no shortage of rocks on the property, lots of rocks, I lined the bank with them. As soon as I get more pictures, I'll post the rock-lined creek. Let me tell you, I have lifted more rocks this summer than ever before. Who says you need to work out at a gym!!

The rock-lined pond taken from the bridge.

The moss-covered, tree root water fall.
It's really pretty cool when the water is flowing.

2 comments:

Kim said...

It's going to look so cool when it fills up with water! :o) I can't wait to see it!

LeAnn said...

That is a LOT of ROCKS!!makes my arms hurt to think about it. It is a beautiful spot that you will all enjoy for many years to come!!