Sunday, April 18, 2010

Popcorn popping on the Fuji apple tree!

We planted a Fuji apple tree several years ago and have lovingly taken care of it over time. But, for some reason it only produces every other year. So, today "I looked out the window and what did I see? Blossoms blossoming on my neighbor's apple tree!" I wondered what my tree was doing. One glance outside and I was so excited I had to grab my camera. (new camera, not quite sure how to use it, good time to experiment) I was just going to take pictures of the blossoms, but then realized that the bees were just busy, busy, busy! Not to rush through spring or summer, but I look forward to fall when we get to feast on fresh apples and apple juice!







Check out the pollen load on this guy...definitely a busy bee! Thanks to him and his buddies we should have lots of juicy apples in the fall!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

those are pretty pictures- and the last one is really cool wth the pollen! So when are you guys planning on moving out to fall creek?

Unknown said...

oh brother- i'm signed into my youtube account- this is amy winegardner!

Susan @ Second Chances by Susan said...

Fall creek is a long term venture. We have to put a road in, survey the property, sell off some of the parcels, then build a house. So as for a move in date? Hopefully before I'm too old to enjoy it!

LeAnn said...

Beautiful Photos! It is so fun to see all the blossoms come out each Spring--You would think I would be used to it by now, but it still gives me a thrill!

Kim said...

Yay, I'm glad you're using your new camera! How do you like it? The pictures turned out great! Can't wait to se you guys this week!! :o)