Saturday, March 27, 2010

Let your fingers do the walking?


I know the phrase is "let your fingers do the walking," but today we let our feet do the running! The scouts participated in a fundraiser today. And, when I say "scouts" I use the term loosely. It was scout McKay and scout Moroni, Monty, Bro. Shaw, myself, and scout-to-be Hyrum. Who ever said you can make about $12 an hour delivering phone books needs to take that back! Let's do the math:

$160 divided by 32 man (and woman and child) hours = $5 per hour

And, it's not finished! Since it was Saturday, most of the businesses were closed and you need to get a name or signature to leave the book with them. Another round of deliveries will have to be made on another day. But, at least it was a beautiful day and I'm sure the money will come in handy for future scouting fun!

2 comments:

LeAnn said...

Wow--I remember doing that---but in the pouring rain!!Ya gotta love those Scouts!! :)

Kim said...

Hmmm...that sounds like more work than it's worth!