Monday, August 26, 2013

2012: A Year in Review!

I can't believe how long it has been since my last post!  Much has happened, and I will try to recap 2012 the best I can.  Recapping 2013 will have to wait for another day.

Weddings!!

Ammon and Becca got married June 29th in the Portland temple.  It was a beautiful day!  They were so cute together!  They were blessed to have many family and friends at the temple to celebrate with them.  We held their reception the following day at the Market Street Chapel.  (To view a full post of their reception decorations, you can visit my crafty blog here.)  We are so happy for them as they begin their new life together.





Kara and Ben got married a week after Ammon and Becca.  Needless to say, it was pretty crazy around the house getting ready for two weddings back to back!  Kara and Ben where married in Mom and Dad's backyard.  It was a beautiful ceremony and reception!  (To view a full post of their reception decorations, you can visit my crafty blog here.)  They were adorable!




Photo Shoot

While Kim was in town for the weddings, she was able to do a photo shoot of Moroni and McKay's band, Keaton.  They had fun with it!  You can see more of her work at Kimberly Boman Photography.








Young Women's Hike

A couple of days after the weddings, I left for a backpacking adventure with the Young Women of the ward.  It was a great experience!  We hiked the beautiful McKenzie River Trail.  We were gone 4 days and 3 nights and covered over 20 miles.  I can't wait to do it again!






 I celebrated my birthday on the trail.  Thanks to my husband, we even had party hats and noisemakers!


Bishop Shaw and Dan Walker were able to come with us and keep us safe.


The scenery was spectacular!


Girl's Camp

I was fortunate enough to attend Girl's Camp as a Crafty Lady again.  It's always a lot of fun.  To see all that we did, you can check out this post on my crafty blog.



Sean...our exchange student from Japan

Sean arrived in August 2012 and stayed with us until June 2013.  He's from Okinawa.  He really wants to be in the fashion industry.  He and I actually enjoyed watching Project Runway together!  He is now attending a fashion design college in LA.



The Property

We continued to work long hours on the property, trying to complete the subdivision.  You can see what we've done by checking out our Fall Creek Estates blog.


  

  




  


I'm sure there was much more that happened during the year.  But that will have to wait for another day!










No comments: