Monday, May 17, 2010

Springtime on the Property!

When we first saw the property it was the middle of winter and everything was pretty ghostly and barren. Now that spring is here, it is so much fun to discover all the beauty that it has to offer. At first, I wanted to plant some wildflowers up on the mossy rocks, or Rocky Ridge, as we call it. But, no need for that! Mother Nature did it for me...





Monty has been busy playing with his new toy. Well, actually working hard at putting in the road. He loves the excavator and has gotten pretty good with it!


I've been having fun with my new toy, a woodchipping, brush eating monster.


Any guesses as to how long it will take me to get rid of this pile of cedar? I know, a little bit of fuel and a match, and it would be gone before you know it. But, it does make a good mulch for all the nature trails that I have envisioned!


2 comments:

Kim said...

Yay! You got the wood chipper! Let's just hope that the boys haven't seen the episode of Malcolm in the Middle with the wood chipper. :o) Yeah, you'd better keep them away from it.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

So was that wood just laying around on the property? Fun toy. And pretty natural flowers! how fun! So- have you mentioned when you plan on moving over there?