Thursday, December 11, 2008

I Love Christmas!

I love this time of year! It always brings back fond childhood memories of family time, decorations, traditions, and presents! Let's face it, as a kid, presents were a BIG part of Christmas! I only hope that I can create fond childhood memories for my children to cherish over the years. I love to decorate the house for Christmas. It always brings a wonderful spirit into the home. I'm including some pictures of decorations, along with pictures of our family room update, mainly for Kim to see since she is down in California.


The Front Porch

The Front Door

An old sled brought over from Ontario, OR
while Mom and Dad served their mission

The Front Table

The Living Room Fireplace

The Christus

Lighted Vases in the Family Room

The Wise Men

The Christmas Village

Ornaments on the Family Room Tree

The updated Family Room

Updated table with paint and architectural detail

The Game Room Snowman Tree

The Tree Top

An additional ornament this year made by Hyrum

The stockings made from second-hand sweaters
and vintage button accessories

Pillow covers made from second-hand sweaters

3 comments:

Kim said...

Wow Mom! It looks great! I really love the new family room! I can't wait to see it all in person! :o) Love you!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

OH my gosh I love your decorations- those wiseman were perfect! And I loved the sweater stockings and pillows! That is so perfect! What a great idea! everything looks so good. and your porch looks so good- thankyou for sharing!

Kathi said...

Sue, Your home and Christmas decorations are beautiful. I love the sweater pillows. You have a delightful blog and wonderful family.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Hugs, Kathi